Book review: City of Lost Souls




Title: City of Lost Souls
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5
Author: Cassandra Clare
Release date: May 2012
Pages: 535 pages

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8755776-city-of-lost-souls?ac=1&from_search=true

Expectations
I'm curious to see how this story will continue.




Review

This book entails the mission of our gang trying to save Jace. Clary decides to follow Jace to try to discover what Sebastian(Jonathan)'s plan is. She also gets to know her brother a bit more, which is very weird for her. She finds him very hard to read. What is real and what isn't ? 
Meanwhile the rest tries to come up with a plan to break the bond between Jace and Jonathan without killing Jace.

The beginning of the book was similar to the fourth book, City of Fallen Angels. It was enjoyable, but not very spectacular and very slow.  However, the last part was so fun to read, action packed and very suspenseful!

My love for Simon and Izzy is growing more and more! They are such an awesome couple. 

I also liked Clary (most of the time), her character has really developed and she is much more mature now. Although she still makes some stupid decisions now and then..

I'm reading the last book, can't wait to see how this series is going to end!


Rating

I'll rate it 3.5 stars.

Comments

  1. I still have not read this series, but I LOVED her Infernal Devices series (Starts with The Clockwork Angel). That series had me bawling like a baby.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca! I must say I really prefer the Infernal Devices over the Mortal Instruments too! Such an epic trilogy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts