Book review: City of Fallen Angels

Title: City of Fallen Angels
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #4
Release date: April 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 424

Previous books in this series
#1 City of Bones
#2 City of Ashes
#3 City of Glass

Expectations
I don't really know what to expect in this book, especially because this series started out as a trilogy, and later became a series. I really enjoyed City of Glass so we will see.

Review
I enjoyed reading this book, although I still prefer The Infernal Devices.

Not much happened during the first part of the book, the storylines were somewhat slow. After that the pace got a bit better.

I really love that Cassandra Clare has tried to connect the Mortal Insturments with The Infernal Devices. It was a lot of fun reading little details about characters we know from the Infernal Devices.

I would have liked to see more of Magnus and Alec. And not just about Alec being moody because of his insecurities. I liked Izzy and Simon, as Always. Simon is such a great character to read about. It was so sad to see how is mother reacted.. Izzy is ons of my favorite characters in this series. I really ship them too :)

Jace is really trying to grow as a person, but a lot of things make that impossible for him. I really felt sorry for him. He was really trying.


Clary is (finally) kind of growing on me. She is less annoying and a bit more realistic. She is growing up. She still makes some reckless decisions, but at least she tells someone (that's progress).

I also liked that we got to see a bit more of Maia. We also got introduced to Jordan, which is a likable guy.

The ending was really sneaky!
Just when you think everything is going to be alright, you read the last two pages.. fortunately I already own the fifth book so I can start reading that soon!

Although this was a fun read, it wasn't the best Cassandra Clare book, and definitely not my favorite book in The Mortal Instruments. Quite a lot of parts were dragging on and the pace was a bit slow. I'm curious to see what the next book will bring!

Rating

I'll rate it 3.5 stars




Comments

Popular Posts