Review: Pretty Little Liars

Title: Pretty Little Liars
Series: Pretty Little Liars #1
Author: Sara Shepard
Release date: October 2006
Age group: Young Adult
Pages: 286

Synopsis
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.


Expectations

I don’t know if I want to read this series because it seems a little childish. But I've heard that it’s a fun read, so I’ll give the first one a try.
I hope this will be an interesting stat that makes me want to read more books in the series. I also expect a Gossip Girl kind of story, which I didn't really enjoy after reading the first three books. 

Review

At first I didn't care much for this story. It was okay and I liked reading it, but somewhere in the middle that changed. The story grew better and it became more interested for me to read. I like all the girls and I like that they differ a lot from each other.

I like the way this story is written, in short chapters from one of the girls perspectives.  I haven’t read a book yet were there are four main characters and it would seem too much, but the story-line is easy to follow. Because the characters are very different, the girls are easy to keep apart and know who is who. 

Emily, Spencer, Hanna and Aria have all moved on from what happened in the past, at least that’s what they think.  Slowly each of them discovers somebody knows something about their past they rather not share with anyone. All the girls get strange messages from A. But who is A ?

At the end of reading this I discovered I really liked it.. I didn't think it was just okay, it was pretty good!


Rating

So here’s the big question: Do I wanna read more ? 
My answer: Yes!!


Let me know what you think of this one. Have you seen the tv series? I haven’t and would like to know if it is any good .

Happy reading!!

Comments

Popular Posts