Vampire Academy, the movie!!

Have you seen the trailer of the Vampire Academy movie?
Click here to see it. In this post I share my thoughts on it.

Book to movie
This is a book to movie adaptation, directed by Mark Waters. Based on the Vampire Academy series written by Richelle Mead. I've read most of the books in the series and reviewed them:
Vampire Academy #1
Frostbite #2
Shadow Kiss #3
Blood Promise #4
Spirit Bound #5

First impression
The first time watching the trailer, the story felt a little to much like a high school chick-lit movie. This is no surprise because the director created other movies like Mean Girls. But I did like a lot of things about the trailer. I like the way Rose is portrayed and the funny touch the movie seems to have. I REALLY like Dimitri... More about him later. I like the look of the Academy and the trailer got me excited to see all the action (AND interaction between Rose and Dimitri ;)).

The cast
I'm so happy with the cast members selected for this movie!!
First of all there's Rose Hathaway, our main character who I love in the books. She will be portrayed by Zoey Deutch. I think she's a great choice because she comes pretty close to the Rose I had in mind while reading the series.

Then there's Lissa Dragomir,  Lissa, played by Lucy Fry, the best friend of Rose. I needed to adjust to her, just because I pictured her very different in my mind while reading the books. However, after watching the trailer a couple of times, I start liking her as Lissa more and more.




Dominic Sherwood plays Christian Ozera, a character I really like in the books. I think he's a great choice to play Christian. I've seen some interviews and his accent is really beautiful!! Just wanted to throw that out here.






And now..let's talk about Dimitri Belikov. I think I can talk about him the entire day.
He is so perfect for this!! Danila Kozlovsky is the actor in the picture, and he's Russian!! This is exactly the Dimitri I had in mind. He's tall, beautiful, fierce and simply amazing!
What do you think?







This movie will be released in the beginning of February 2014 in the USA and around 17 Februari in Europe.Tell me your thoughts on the trailer. Thanks for reading!


Comments

  1. I can't wait for this book either. I hope it's as awesome as the books!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to be a real vampire? Whatever your desire, we can fulfill it! Contact our Mystical Vampire Kingdom at vampirekingdom999@gmail.com for help. Be sure you want it, because there's no turning back... Our highly skilled vampires can alter your very essence, turning you into a real vampire. contact email: vampirekingdom999@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to ( New-World Vampire Kingdom). Do you want to be a
    vampire,still in human,having talented brain turning to a vampire in a
    good posture in ten mines time to a human again, with out delaying in
    a good human posture. A world of vampire where life get easier,we have
    made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich,you will
    assured long life and prosperity,you shall be made to be very
    sensitive to mental alertness,stronger and also very fast,you will not
    be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of
    broad day light you will be made to walk, this is an opportunity to
    have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture.if you are
    interested contact us on vampireworld777@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts