Review: The Sea of Monsters

Title: The Sea of Monsters
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2
Author: Rick Riordan
Release date: April 2006
Age group: Middle grade
Pages: 279








Expectations

I really loved the first installment of this series which made me very excited about this one.
I hope it will be a page-turner as much as the first book in this series, The Lightning Thief, was for me.

Review
I think I need a moment to consider everything that has happened in this book.
This book was a little overwhelming. So many events took place, I have trouble looking back. 


I loved the surprising elements. Just when I thought I figured it out, the story went an entire different direction. Rick Riordan is such a great writer!

This book contributed on the character development for the main character Percy, but also other important characters, such as Annabeth.


We also get to meet some new characters like Tyson (He is so great by the way!!). In this book we get a little more info on the Prophecy and with that it gets more confusing for Percy. I liked that Rick put a lot of humor in this series so far, which created a sort of lightness to the story in the midst of all the adventure. The end is almost unbearable and that's why I couldn't wait to start the third book right after this one!

You guessed it, this book receives 5 stars out of 5!!


 Have you read this series? What did you think of this book? If you haven't read it, are you planning on reading this series? (you really should!)

Comments

Popular Posts